Saturday 15 May 2010

Uncovered


I've been saying for a while I am going to start a blog but never got round to it. Well now I have. And it seems I have a good post to start with. After visiting the Dr. Me 'An Apple A Day' opening night at Common (and taking full advantage of the free gin) I then walked back past the little substation on Tib St. and thought nothing of the construction work going on. It wasn't until I spotted Alex and Scanners paying it extra attention that I noticed what it was. Apparently, a day or two earlier, what is thought to be a genuine Banksy mural was uncovered by workers clearing foliage from the wall. I was quite excited to spot it as I am a fan of Banksys work and its quite an event when you see a piece of work like this, especially in your own town. I used to walk past one of his murals nearly every day when I was at college until finally the weather (and I expect the council) washed it away. I also searched out one of the more famous ones when I was in Bristol earlier on this year (see) but it's quite exciting for me to have another one found in Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment